Sunday, October 9, 2011

Day 9: 1st Zombie Movie


Hmmm, thinking back into the ancient past to find my very first zombie movie.
The first zombie movie I remember seeing is "Night of the Living Dead" of course. It's probably the first for a whole generation of zombie fans. I watched it with my parents when I was probably 12. I hated it. It was in black and white and I was WAY to grown up to be scared by some old fashioned antique.



In retrospect… children are IDIOTS! What the hell was wrong with me? First of Romero's AMAZING zombie series and probably the beginning of America's love affair with the genre; it made zombies something more. These zombies were nothing to fool around with. Not the average walking dead. I mean when they came for Barbara- they really did! Bloodhound zombies that hunt you down, they run to give chase, and ...what's that… that zombie has a brick! WTF! Reiterates my idea that what is terrifying about zombies is their humanity. Without CGI magic or extreme makeup FX- Romero scared the s*#!t out of us!

So tell me, what was your introduction into the glorious world of Zombies?

No comments:

Post a Comment